What are My Options after a Construction Accident?

What are My Options after a Construction Accident?
Construction Accident Lawyer New York

What are My Options after a Construction AccidentFollowing an accident in which you suffered injuries may not only leave you in pain, but lost in terms of the best way to move forward. This is especially true when considering whether it is in your best interest to take legal action. If you are a construction worker who was injured on a job site, you will want to carefully consider the options that are before you prior to making any decisions. This can feel stressful as the clock ticks away. You will want to ensure that you take action within the appropriate time frames.

Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen has experience in managing accidents and situations of this magnitude. Not only may we be able to help you attain compensation for the damages you may be entitled to, we will also provide you legal services that are like no other.  

Your Options

Having a clear understanding of the options that lie before you will be important when making the best, most informed decision possible. You will certainly want a construction accident lawyer Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen to review your case prior to making a decision. Depending on your specific situation, there are a number of options to choose:

Product Liability Lawsuit: Utilized in situations where machinery or equipment was faulty or defective. There are several elements to consider when pursuing a product liability lawsuit.

Workers Compensation Claim: When an employee has been injured on the job, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills and a portion of lost wages. Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system, meaning if your mistake led to the accident, you can still collect workers’ compensation. It’s important to note that if you accept workers’ comp, you usually waive your right to pursue a personal injury lawsuit.

Third-Party Personal Injury Lawsuit: This is when you have sustained damages due to the negligence of a third-party and choose to sue that party for your losses in an accident. In order to pursue a personal injury lawsuit you must be able to prove the following:

    • The at-fault party had a duty of care
    • They failed to uphold their duty of care
    • You sustained injuries
  • You suffered damages as a direct result of those injuries

You will need to act quickly following an accident as it will be important to determine whether or not you will pursue workers compensation over a personal injury claim or lawsuit. When doing so, your construction accident lawyer will be able to help you review your options and determine the best legal options based on the circumstances of your case.

What Damages Might I Be Entitled to After an Accident?

One of the primary components to pursuing a personal injury case are the damages you have suffered as a result. If it makes sense for you to pursue a personal injury claim or lawsuit for your accident, you must have suffered losses in some way. Examples of damages may include:

    • Medical expenses
    • Lost wages (both past and future)
    • Property damages
    • Emotional distress
    • Permanent disability
  • Pain and suffering

Sustaining injuries in a construction accident is something that no one should have to experience. In many cases, accidents can have a serious impact on your ability to physically function in a normal way and even earn the paycheck you once did. With over 20 years of experience in representing New York area residents in similar situations, we bring with us a plethora of legal knowledge. Contact Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen today to schedule a case consultation with a construction accident lawyer New York clients recommend.

Contact Us


    Nobody does it better than this firm. Mark and his team truly feel YOU MATTER and make sure all is done correctly ASAP. Follow ups, call backs, you get treated RESPECTFULLY right from the start.
    I had a case with Adam Rosen, of Polsky, Shouldice and Rosen. From the beginning they treated me right and answered all of my questions. They handled my case great and got me a nice settlement for my injuries. I would tell anyone to use them.

    Call Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, PC at (718) 587-0997