Workers Compensation Attorneys Nassau County

Workers Compensation Attorneys Nassau CountyWorkers Compensation Attorneys Nassau County

Our workers’ compensation attorneys Nassau County relies on know that workers’ compensation benefits are dollars paid to workers who file claims after being injured while at work. If your injury was serious, you incurred large medical bills, you missed more than a few days of work, and are having trouble getting your claim approved, you may want to consider seeking advice from workers’ compensation attorneys in Nassau County from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. In addition, if your injury resulted in some sort of permanent damage and you are unable to resume working at the same job, an attorney can help you maximize the benefits entitled to you through workers’ compensation insurance.

The workers’ compensation insurance providers work for the best interest of their client (your employer) and will attempt to settle with you for the minimum benefit possible. The insurance companies count on the majority of the claimants accepting these settlements because they feel there is nothing more they can do or it is too much trouble to appeal the claim.

If you are unhappy with the way your workers’ compensation claim was handled, contact an attorney knowledgeable about the workers’ compensation appeal process. A reputable law firm will offer an initial consultation at no charge. They can evaluate your claim and determine whether or not they can be of assistance. When considering if you should proceed with an appeal, examine the following questions and apply them to your situation.

Is it expensive to hire workers’ compensation attorneys in Nassau County?

Most attorneys are paid on a contingency basis, meaning they do not get paid unless they win your case. This can be negotiating a satisfactory settlement or obtaining your benefits through a hearing. The fee will be a percentage of the settlement value. Be sure to understand the fees your workers’ compensation attorneys in Nassau County will charge at the initial consultation.

Workers’ Compensation Benefits are Considered No-Fault

Except in cases where you were under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol or initiated a fight, a workers’ compensation claim does not consider who was at fault. You still receive workers’ compensation benefits regardless of who was at fault.

What Types of Benefits Can You Receive?

If your injury was not serious, at the very least you should receive reimbursement for any medical expenses that occurred as a result of your accident. There are restrictions on some kinds of treatments such as physical therapy or chiropractic care. If you are out of work for more than three days because of your injury, you can get short-term disability benefits to compensate for a portion of your income lost.

Long-term disability is an option if your injuries are more extensive and require you to be away from your job for a longer period of time, or even permanently. If you are not able to return to your same job, you may qualify for benefits you can use to train for another type of job.

Who can you call?

Our workers’ compensation attorneys Nassau County, New York relies on knows that after you have been injured while working, you may be struggling with whether or not you should file a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury claim. We understand that not only do you want to right the wrong that occurred when you became injured (and make sure it doesn’t happen to another employee), but you also need compensation to make sure you can pay for your medical bills. If you would like to learn more about the difference between filing a workers’ compensation claim and filing a personal injury claim, reach out to us now. We would like to help you get the benefits you deserve. 

What is a personal injury claim? 

You probably want to know what a personal injury claim is and what it can do for you. Personal injury law is in place to help people who were hurt because of someone else’s negligent or intentional actions. This could happen because of a slip and fall injury on someone else’s property or because of a car accident. When you file a personal injury claim, you may be attempting to recover compensation for things like medical bills, property damage, and pain and suffering. 

What will workers’ compensation benefits do for me? 

If you file a workers’ compensation claim, you are likely filing this because you specifically got injured through a workplace accident and would like to receive compensation for your medical bills. It is important to note that you will likely have more success with a workers’ compensation claim than you would with a personal injury claim because you may not be able to bring a personal injury claim against your employer. If you are successful with your workers’ compensation claim, costs related to your injuries should be covered, including medical bills, physical therapy payments, and medications. 

Workers’ compensation can also help cover part of your wages if you are found to have a temporary or permanent disability. If this is the case, you will need to speak with your attorney about how much workers’ compensation may cover and what medical information you will need to supply. 

If you were injured by a third party while working, your employer may direct you to file a personal injury claim against the third party instead of filing a workers’ compensation claim. The sooner you speak with your attorney, the sooner you will understand what direction to take with the claims process. 

Contact the workers’ compensation attorneys in Nassau County for a consultation to get a better understanding of how to proceed with your claim.

Contact Us


    Nobody does it better than this firm. Mark and his team truly feel YOU MATTER and make sure all is done correctly ASAP. Follow ups, call backs, you get treated RESPECTFULLY right from the start.
    I had a case with Adam Rosen, of Polsky, Shouldice and Rosen. From the beginning they treated me right and answered all of my questions. They handled my case great and got me a nice settlement for my injuries. I would tell anyone to use them.

    Call Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, PC at (718) 587-0997