Legal Assistance from Long Island Work Injury Attorneys
Should you hire a construction accident lawyer?
If you sustained an injury while working on a construction site, you may be considering whether or not you should hire Long Island work injury attorneys to protect your rights. At Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C., we offer victims of construction accidents a free consultation to discuss their case and decide how they wish to move forward. We have helped injured workers in New York receive the compensation they deserve for their damages since we first opened our doors. Talk to one of our Long Island work injury attorneys to find out more about your legal options.
Everyone’s circumstances are different and as such, their cases must be examined on an individual basis. Here are some of the most common reasons why many injured workers choose to hire one of our Long Island work injury attorneys:
- A thorough understanding of the laws surrounding workplace safety, personal injury claims and lawsuits, courtroom litigation, and more. When you hire one of our Long Island work injury attorneys from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C., you can feel confident that you’re hiring a knowledgeable and skilled legal professional.
- For many people who have been seriously injured, filling out claim forms and submitting them is not a welcome experience. One of our Long Island work injury attorneys can take care of this for you. In addition, our legal team will make sure everything is filled out correctly and in full and we’ll make sure it’s submitted to the proper authority. These steps can greatly reduce the chance of a claim denial as well as accelerate the processing time. That in turn can result in you receiving more compensation and faster than if you were to do it yourself.
- Not everyone understands the full extent of damages that they can include in their claim. That can result in them receiving less than the maximum amount possible of compensation.
- An accident claim must be filed before a specified deadline. The same is also true of a personal injury lawsuit should that become necessary in order to recover your full damages. One of our Long Island work injury attorneys will make sure the filing documents for your claim or lawsuit do not miss a single deadline.
- The benefits offer you receive from the workers compensation board may be negotiable. As experienced negotiators, we have a depth of knowledge about typical medical costs and other damages associated with construction accident injuries. One of our Long Island work injury attorneys can negotiate on your behalf and will make every effort to obtain the maximum possible amount of compensation.
- You are not required to accept an unfair benefits package offer from the workers compensation board, or the insurance company of a third party responsible for your injury. If necessary, we can file a lawsuit on your behalf in pursuit of a fair settlement. In addition, though it’s not possible with workers compensation, a lawsuit enables the victim to include pain and suffering in their damages.
Talk to Long Island Work Injury Attorneys Who Can Make a Difference
At Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C., we understand that suffering from an injury can be exhausting as well as painful. Call us today to speak with one of our Long Island work injury attorneys to learn how we might be able to help you.
Long Island Work Injury Attorneys
Employers and supervisors are obligated to ensure their employees’ safety while at work; if you were injured due to an unsafe workplace, Long Island work injury attorneys may be able to help. Even if your employer took measures to create a safe workplace and you were still hurt – whether via broken bones, a repetitive motion injury, or even a psychological condition – it’s possible you could have a work injury case. The Long Island work injury lawyers of Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. can help you determine if you should pursue one for yourself.
Legally Protecting Yourself after a Work Injury
The first step you should take after an injury is reporting it to your employer. Long Island work injury attorneys can tell you that, in New York, you are required to inform your employer within 30 days of any injury or illness that occurs on the job. Not only is it a requirement; it is also helpful to you, as it helps you maintain eligibility for potential workers’ compensation benefits.
After reporting on your injury, most work injury attorneys in Long Island recommend filing a claim for workers’ compensation, or with the industrial court. This is another way to formally report your injury so your employer, your employer’s insurers, and the courts are aware of it. This helps you protect your rights as an employee.
Your Rights in a Work Injury Case
Many people ask their Long Island work injury attorneys what workers’ rights are, and how they can be protected. Generally, you should expect the following legal rights to be protected in opening a work injury case:
- The right to file a work injury claim, either in a workers’ compensation court or the industrial court in your state;
- The right to meet with a medical professional and seek treatment;
- The right to return to work, should the doctor release you to do so;
- The right to receive some form of disability benefits, should the injury render you incapable of going back to work either temporarily or permanently;
- The right to appeal the decision made by the court, insurance company, or your employer; and
- The right to legal representation.
Furthermore, when you start working with a firm of Long Island work injury attorneys, you may find that you have the right to pursue your claim without fearing retaliation from your employer. It is against the law for your supervisor to make your life at work difficult because of your injury case; if this is happening to you, knowing you have an attorney in your corner can help you navigate this situation and make it part of the claim you file.
Work with a Lawyer to Protect Your Rights
Being injured is difficult enough; you should not have to face the challenges of seeking workers’ compensation benefits or dealing with difficult employers on your own. At Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C., we are familiar with the obstacles that come to those who have been injured on the job, and can help you move beyond them to receive the compensation you need. To speak with the Long Island work injury attorneys of Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C., give us a call today at (516) 595-0106.