Nassau County Workers Compensation Lawyers

Nassau County Workers Compensation Lawyers

Nassau County Workers Comp Lawyer

As Nassau County, New York workers’ compensation lawyers can explain, workers’ compensation is insurance financed by businesses. This insurance provides monetary benefits to employees who are injured on the job. But you have to notify your employer quickly otherwise you could miss out on the workers’ compensation benefits to which you’re entitled.

How do I prove my injury is work-related?

In order to qualify for workers’ compensation insurance benefits, you need to prove your injury is work-related. You do that by providing medical records, witness testimony, and prescription receipts.

Workers’ comp is important and all employers should have this coverage. If you have been injured on the job, you need experienced Nassau County workers’ compensation lawyers to help you navigate the insurance waters. We can be that guide you need. Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen has helped many clients just like you recover the compensation they deserve to help them get back on their feet.

How much of my medical bills will workers’ comp cover?

Workers’ comp covers most medical expenses. Medical providers will send their bills directly to the workers’ compensation insurance company for repayment. However, some workers’ compensation insurance companies won’t immediately repay your medical bills, leaving you in limbo. That’s where it’s important to have an advocate like one of the Nassau County workers’ compensation lawyers from our firm on your side.

Can I still file a lawsuit if I receive full workers’ compensation benefits?

If your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance has fully paid the benefits you’re entitled to, you cannot sue your employer.

However, if a third-party contributed to your injuries, you can absolutely sue them. For example, if you are injured on a job site from a defective tool, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against the manufacturer. One of the Nassau County workers’ compensation lawyers from our firm can evaluate your case to determine if there is a third-party liability in your case.

Do I need a lawyer?

You are not required by law to hire a lawyer for a workers’ compensation claim. However, it would be in your best interest to have an advocate on your side. Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen has the experience you need to help you navigate the workers’ compensation process smoothly. There is a lot of paperwork required and a great deal of documentation needed to successfully file a workers’ compensation claim.

Lean on our knowledge since we have been down this path many times before. By using our services, you give yourself the best chance possible of experiencing a smooth workers’ compensation claim process. And if things go wrong, we’re already in the mix with you and can help work through any issues that pop up.

What are the next steps?

Workers’ compensation is an important part of your recovery. If you’re injured on the job, you’re entitled to these benefits. But you have limited time to file. Don’t wait or you might miss out on benefits that will help you heal faster and with less worry. We want what is best for you – a full and complete recovery.

Contact Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen today for your free no-obligation consultation with our Nassau County workers’ compensation lawyers. We can help you get back on your feet and back to your life.

Get Help Today! 

Our Nassau County workers’ compensation lawyers know that after suffering from an injury at work, you may be wondering exactly how workers’ compensation benefits work. Do you simply notify someone that you got injured while working on a project and you can expect HR to reach out to you and help pay your medical bills? This is not how it’s done. However, we want to make it as simple as possible so that you are comfortable filing with our help and know that it is done correctly. If you have questions about workers’ compensation benefits or want to know if you would qualify for workers’ compensation benefits, please give us a call now. Our workers’ compensation lawyers in Nassau County are here for you. 

Are businesses required to have workers’ compensation benefits? 

Not all businesses will have workers’ compensation benefits. However, most businesses that have a certain number of employees are legally obligated to have workers’ compensation benefits (and the majority of businesses do). If you are an independent contractor or a freelancer, you may have a harder time fighting for workers’ compensation benefits. That said, if you are an employee of a company it is most likely that your company carries some type of workers’ compensation benefits. If you are concerned about this, give our workers’ compensation lawyers in Nassau County a call. 

How do I start the process of getting workers’ compensation benefits?

Understandably, you may be nervous to file a claim. Our workers’ compensation lawyers in Nassau County know you might be concerned your boss will be mad at you or that you will quickly get denied. However, if you were injured at work, you have every right to file a claim to receive these benefits so that you can get back on your feet. The lifecycle of a workers’ compensation claim typically looks something like this:


  • You Start the Process. Once you are injured, you seek medical care and get any necessary forms from your supervisor. Contact your attorney as soon as possible.
  • You File Your Claim. Speak with your Nassau County workers’ compensation lawyers to learn about the deadlines and file your claim.
  • Get Workers’ Comp Benefits. If your claim goes through successfully, you can expect to get your workers’ compensation benefits that can help pay for lost wages, medical expenses, and rehabilitation costs. 
  • Go Back to Work. Once you are healed, you can speak with your supervisor about coming back to work in full- or partial-capacity. 


Call Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen today. We have the experience you need to help you get back on your feet with the help of our Nassau County workers’ compensation lawyers!

Contact Us


    Nobody does it better than this firm. Mark and his team truly feel YOU MATTER and make sure all is done correctly ASAP. Follow ups, call backs, you get treated RESPECTFULLY right from the start.
    I had a case with Adam Rosen, of Polsky, Shouldice and Rosen. From the beginning they treated me right and answered all of my questions. They handled my case great and got me a nice settlement for my injuries. I would tell anyone to use them.

    Call Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, PC at (718) 285-6764