Nassau County Workers Comp Lawyers

Nassau County Workers Comp Lawyer

Nassau County Workers Comp Lawyer

If your workers’ comp claim has been denied, it may be in your best interest to contact a Nassau County workers’ comp lawyer you can depend on at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C. A worker’s compensation claim can be denied for a number of reasons. When faced with a workers’ compensation denial, it’s important that you act quickly in order to receive the compensation that you may be due. 

Work with a Nassau County Workers’ Comp Lawyer

Following a denial, it may be in your best interest to reach out to your workers’ comp lawyer at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C.. They will be able to review your denial letter and determine the reason for the denial. In some cases, there may be a fairly simple resolution to the problem. When an accident victim has not obtained a lawyer, and has received a denial letter, there is a high probability that they will stop pursuing their case, believing that all hope is lost. However, this may not be the case, your Nassau County workers’ comp lawyer can help you to persevere in efforts to obtain the benefits that you are deserving of.  

Discuss With Your Employer or Insurance Company

In some cases, worker’s compensation claims are denied due to simple administrative problems. Your first step should be to talk to your employer or their worker’s compensation insurance company to find out why the claim was denied. Sometimes the matter can be resolved that way, but be alert to any attempts to talk you into accepting an inadequate settlement. With a Nassau County workers’ comp lawyer, you can leave the negotiating the them. They will be able to contact your employer or the insurance company for you to determine the most appropriate course of action. 

Common Reasons for Claim Denials

There are a few categories that denials usually fall into. They usually have to do with timeliness of filing claims, questions about your behavior leading up to an injury, and questions about whether an injury happened on the job. Sometimes, a claim may be denied because you failed to file your workers’ comp claim on time. The longer you take to file a claim, the more difficult it will be to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident that led to your injury.

Working with a Nassau County workers’ compensation lawyer will be essential as they are equipped with the knowledge needed regarding New York state laws. 

While worker’s compensation laws are designed to avoid determining “fault” with respect to a situation that led to an injury, there is an exception. Just as your employer could be sued outside of worker’s compensation if he or she was grossly negligent, you can be denied your claim if you were engaged in unsafe behavior or under the influence of drugs or alcohol. 

Questions about whether an injury happened on the job can seem simple enough to answer, but can quickly become complicated, especially when performing job duties off site. If your claim has been denied, you should contact a Nassau County workers’ comp lawyer with experience in this area of practice. 

File An Appeal

If your employer and their insurance company doesn’t approve your claim, you may have to file an appeal. The process will usually require a judicial hearing. When enduring the appeals process, the procedure can be incredibly complex, making the representation of a Nassau County workers’ comp lawyer essential to your case. 

Make sure your rights are protected in the event your worker’s compensation claim is denied. Contact Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, P.C., a Nassau County workers’ comp lawyer that can discuss your options with you.

Contact Us


    Nobody does it better than this firm. Mark and his team truly feel YOU MATTER and make sure all is done correctly ASAP. Follow ups, call backs, you get treated RESPECTFULLY right from the start.
    I had a case with Adam Rosen, of Polsky, Shouldice and Rosen. From the beginning they treated me right and answered all of my questions. They handled my case great and got me a nice settlement for my injuries. I would tell anyone to use them.

    Call Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, PC at (718) 587-0997