New York Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction Accident Lawyer in New York
If you suffered an injury on a construction site, you may want to speak to a New York construction accident lawyer. Your injury likely has resulted in hefty medical bills, lost wages and other damages, and you deserve to be compensated for that. A lawyer can help you pursue timely compensation.
Common Types of Construction Accidents
The construction industry is one of the most dangerous industries to work in. Here are the most common types of construction accidents.
- Falls. Construction workers often have to work on elevated surfaces, like roofs and ladders. If they don’t have adequate fall protection or aren’t paying attention, workers can fall and suffer serious injuries, like head injuries, broken bones and spinal cord injuries.
- Electrocutions. A New York construction accident lawyer can attest that electrocutions are another common accident on construction sites and often result in death. These accidents can result from faulty wiring, overloads and inadequate lockout and tagout procedures.
- Being struck by objects. There are many items flying around at construction sites, like debris and tools. If construction workers are struck in the head and aren’t wearing hardhats, they can suffer serious injuries.
- Vehicle collisions. There are often cars driving past construction sites. If motorists speed or are distracted, they could strike construction workers. They can suffer serious injuries after getting hit by a vehicle, like head injuries, spinal cord injuries, lacerations, broken bones and chest injuries.
- Caught in-between accidents. As a New York construction accident lawyer can confirm, construction workers can also get hurt if they get caught in between an unprotected trench without a way to escape.
What to Do If You Were Hurt in a Construction Accident
If you got injured in a construction accident, you deserve justice. If your accident was due to unsafe conditions or poor training, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and other damages.
Your first step is to seek medical attention. A doctor will evaluate your construction accident injuries and determine the appropriate treatment. Make sure to keep copies of your medical records.
Then, you may want to get in touch with an experienced construction accident lawyer. He or she can help you gather the evidence you need to prove your case and handle all negotiations with the insurance company. With a skilled lawyer on your side, you have a better chance of obtaining fair compensation.
Schedule a consultation with a New York construction accident lawyer with Adam Rosen, of Polsky, Shouldice and Rosen, today!
Call Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, PC at (718) 285-6764