Construction Accident Lawyer In Nassau County

Workers’ Comp Attorney - Nassau County

Construction Accident Lawyer In Nassau County

An injury at a construction site may lead you to contact the construction accident lawyers Nassau County relies on. When you work at a construction site, you are more prone to becoming injured because of how dangerous the work is. Construction sites can have extremely hazardous materials, heavy machinery, and potentially dangerous equipment in many different areas on site. Because of this, construction workers must be incredibly diligent and understand the different rules and safety regulations of working at a construction site. However, no amount of diligence can completely keep you out of harm’s way, especially if your construction accident injury happened because of someone else’s negligence. When this is the case, you should speak with the construction accident lawyers Nassau County trusts from Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, PC immediately after your accident to discuss the right options for you when it comes to getting compensation for your injuries. For more information on compensation for construction place accidents, please reach out to our office now.

Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim

One of the main ways that construction workers attempt to get compensated for their injuries is through workers’ compensation. As is typical with most jobs, if you are injured in any way at your job, your employer likely has workers’ compensation of some kind. While there are exceptions to this rule (if you are an independent contractor or if your employer only has a certain number of employees), this is likely the first avenue you should approach when attempting compensation. While workers’ compensation rules do vary state by state, you will likely find a few things in common when filing for your claim:

  • You need to prove that you were indeed injured and that this injury happened while you were at work at the construction site.
  • You were not a victim of a construction injury because you were drinking on the job or ingesting an illegal substance.

Your Nassau County, New York construction accident lawyers can walk you through filing a workers’ compensation claim.

Common Forms of Compensation

When you apply for workers’ compensation, you can typically expect that it would cover costs like:

  • Lost Wages,
  • Medical Bills and Expenses, and
  • Disability, Partial or Permanent.

What if I want to file a lawsuit?

It is possible to file a lawsuit if you were injured at a construction site, though this depends on the type of injury sustained and your state’s rules. For example, at a construction site, there will likely be many people there who are third-parties or even completely uninvolved in the construction work at all who caused your injury. This could include pedestrians, subcontractors, and even vendors. When a third party causes your injuries, you should speak with your attorney about filing a lawsuit against one of these parties. In a lawsuit like this, you would provide typical evidence showing:

·      The other party owed you a duty to act in a reasonable manner.

·      This person was negligent and thus failed to perform this duty.

·      Their negligence specifically caused your injuries.

Common Construction Site Accidents

Some of the most common injuries sustained at a construction site are:

·      Electrical Injuries

·      Burn Injuries

·      Falling from Scaffolding

·      Exposure to Toxic Chemicals

Get Help from Nassau County Construction Accident Lawyers

If you or a loved one was a victim of a construction site accident, the attorneys at Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, PC can help you with your compensation. For more information and to speak with construction accident lawyers in Nassau County, reach out to our office today.

Contact Us


    Nobody does it better than this firm. Mark and his team truly feel YOU MATTER and make sure all is done correctly ASAP. Follow ups, call backs, you get treated RESPECTFULLY right from the start.
    I had a case with Adam Rosen, of Polsky, Shouldice and Rosen. From the beginning they treated me right and answered all of my questions. They handled my case great and got me a nice settlement for my injuries. I would tell anyone to use them.

    Call Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, PC at (718) 587-0997