Workplace Injury Information from Long Island Workplace Injury Lawyers
Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen are Long Island workplace injury lawyers with more than 20 years of experience. Our attorneys have helped many injured workers win settlements and lawsuits against employers and contractors. We are proud to have helped so many victims of workplace injuries reclaim their lives and pay their medical bills as well as other costs.
Not every worker realizes when an injury qualifies for workers compensation; and while there is no substitution for discussing your specific situation with a Long Island workplace injury lawyer, below are a few common injuries that may help you determine whether or not your claim is deserving of compensation.
Five Common Workplace Injuries
- Falls, slips, and trips. These are some of the most common type of injuries reported by Long Island workplace injury lawyers. They can happen virtually anywhere and in any industry or work environment. Essentially, these kinds of claims are generally based on the assumption that the property owner or other involved party was negligent in allowing dangerous conditions to cause your accident.
- Falling objects related injuries. Long Island workplace injury lawyers, including Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen, commonly see this kind of injury with construction/industrial related occupations; however, employees of all industries have rights entitling them to workers compensation should this kind of injury occur.
- Roadway collisions, vehicle accidents, and pedestrian accidents. These types of workplace injuries are not limited to commercial drivers. Did you know that if you are driving your own vehicle and have an accident while running work-related errands or driving to or from a work meeting that this may qualify as a workplace injury?
- Exposure to harmful substances or environments. Examples include inhalation of a harmful substance, exposure to high-voltage electricity, and exposure to extreme temperatures. Long Island workplace injury lawyers may be able to help you determine if the kind of environment you’ve been exposed to justifies a workers compensation claim.
- Equipment Malfunctions. It is the responsibility of your employer to make sure your workplace equipment is serviced regularly and properly functioning at all times. If you’ve been injured by a malfunctioning piece of equipment, you may be entitled to workers compensation.
Contact Our Long Island Workplace Injury Lawyers
A workplace injury can be not only painful, but also stressful. It can affect your ability to do your job, rack up intense medical bills, and require long term rehabilitation. We may be able help you. Our knowledgeable legal staff is highly experienced with helping clients obtain the highest possible workers’ compensation payments specific to their claim.
Call us today for a free case evaluation. It’s confidential and it will not cost you anything. Polsky, Shouldice & Rosen are the Long Island workplace injury lawyers you can trust to guide you through the workers’ compensation process.